18. Dry your hands with a sterile towel. Do not
allow the towel to touch anything other than
your scrubbed hands and arms.
19. Between operations, follow the same hand-
Gowning and Gloving
If you are the scrub corpsman, you will have
opened your sterile gown and glove packages in the
operating room before beginning your hand scrub.
Having completed the hand scrub, back through the
door holding your hands up to avoid touching anything
with your hands and arms.
Gowning technique is
shown in the steps of figure 24. Pick up the sterile
towel that has been wrapped with your gown (touching
only the towel) and proceed as follows:
1. Dry one hand and arm, starting with the hand
and ending at the elbow, with one end of the
towel. Dry the other hand and arm with the
opposite end of the towel. Drop the towel.
2. Pick up the gown in such a manner that hands
touch only the inside surface at the neck and
3. Allow the gown to unfold downward in front of