8. Letters of designation or revocation of
9. Any official correspondence affecting
the utilization and assignment of an officer.
The left side of the service record is
reserved for official correspondence and docu-
ments of pertinent historical nature relating
to the officers present tour of active duty
and official correspondence relating to the
officers history at the present duty station,
1. Documents pertaining to completion of
security investigations and issuance of security
a. Record identifier for Personal Re-
liability Program, NAVPERS 5510/1 (if ap-
b. Personnel Reliability Program Screen-
ing and Evaluation Record, NAVPERS 5510/3
c. Certificate of Personnel Security
Clearance, OPNAV Form 5521/429, or super-
seding Certificate of Personnel Security Investi-
gation, Clearance and Access, OPNAV Form
5520/20 (if appropriate).
d. Copy of pending National Agency
Check Request, DD Form 1582, or superseding
Personnel Security Questionnaire (National
Agency Check), DD Form 398-2, or Request
for Personnel Security Investigation, DD Form
2. Leave Authorization (Officer and En-
listed), NAVCOMPT 3065.
3. Copy of Officer Appointment Acceptance
and Oath of Office, NAVCRUIT 1000/20.
4. Copy of Acceptance and Oath of Officer,
NAVPERS 1000/22, for present grade.
5. Copy of Statement of Service, NAVPERS
6. Signed copy of Dependency Application/
Record of Emergency Data, NAVPERS
1070/602. Attach original of the latest
SGLI Election, VA Form 29-8286, to the
7. Copies of official correspondence origi-
nated at the present command and endorse-
8. Orders, or copies thereof, with all en-
dorsements relating to the officers tour at
the present command.
9. Copies of Correspondence Course Com-
10. Recording of Code of Conduct Training.
11. Application for Armed Forces Identifica-
tion Card, NAVPERS 5512/1.
12. Application for Uniform Services Iden-
tification and Privilege Card, DD Form
13. Geneva Conventions ID Card, DD Form
1934 (if appropriate).
14. Request for a Certificate of Eligibility,
DD Form 802.
15. Certificate of Termination, DD Form 803.
16. Insurance applications, waiver actions,
beneficiary changes, etc.
17. Copy of Navy Retire/Retainer Pay Data,
18. Latest photograph.
19. Officers Report of Home of Record and
Place from which ordered to tour of Active
Duty, NAVPERS 1070/74.
20. Copy of Certificate of Release or Dis-
charge from Active Duty, DD Form 214 or
21. Official correspondence relative to assign-
ment, cancellation, or termination in the Naval
22. Driver Improvement/Training Cor-
respondence, satisfactory completion of.
23. Documents and correspondence pertain-
ing to course and school completed, medals,
awards, etc., including Administrative Remarks,
24. Letters of temporary designation that
apply while at present command, i.e., Command
Security Manager, Top Secret Control Officer,
ENLISTED SERVICE RECORD
The Enlisted Service Record, NAVPERS
1070/600, is the official history of an en-
listed members service in the Navy. It consists
of a folder, with pages 1 through 15 filed
on the right side. The folder bears the name,
SSN, and branch of service of the member.
Do no place adverse matter in the enlisted
service record or forward it to NMPC for
inclusion in an enlisted members official
personnel record without first affording the
member an opportunity to submit a written
statement in rebuttal. If the member does not
wish to make a rebuttal, he or she will state so