8. Letters of designation or revocation of special qualifications.
9. Any official correspondence affecting the utilization and assignment of an officer.
The left side of the service record is reserved for official correspondence and documents of pertinent historical nature relating to the officers present tour of active duty and official correspondence relating to the officers history at the present duty station, including:
1. Documents pertaining to completion of security investigations and issuance of security clearances:
a. Record identifier for Personal Reliability Program, NAVPERS 5510/1 (if appropriate).
b. Personnel Reliability Program Screening and Evaluation Record, NAVPERS 5510/3 (if appropriate).
c. Certificate of Personnel Security Clearance, OPNAV Form 5521/429, or superseding Certificate of Personnel Security Investigation, Clearance and Access, OPNAV Form 5520/20 (if appropriate).
d. Copy of pending National Agency Check Request, DD Form 1582, or superseding Personnel Security Questionnaire (National Agency Check), DD Form 398-2, or Request for Personnel Security Investigation, DD Form 1879.
2. Leave Authorization (Officer and Enlisted), NAVCOMPT 3065.
3. Copy of Officer Appointment Acceptance and Oath of Office, NAVCRUIT 1000/20.
4. Copy of Acceptance and Oath of Officer, NAVPERS 1000/22, for present grade.
5. Copy of Statement of Service, NAVPERS 1070/26.
6. Signed copy of Dependency Application/ Record of Emergency Data, NAVPERS 1070/602. Attach original of the latest SGLI Election, VA Form 29-8286, to the NAVPERS 1070/602.
7. Copies of official correspondence originated at the present command and endorsements.
8. Orders, or copies thereof, with all endorsements relating to the officers tour at the present command.
9. Copies of Correspondence Course Completion letters.
10. Recording of Code of Conduct Training.
11. Application for Armed Forces Identification Card, NAVPERS 5512/1.
12. Application for Uniform Services Identification and Privilege Card, DD Form 1172.
13. Geneva Conventions ID Card, DD Form 1934 (if appropriate).
14. Request for a Certificate of Eligibility, DD Form 802.
15. Certificate of Termination, DD Form 803.
16. Insurance applications, waiver actions, beneficiary changes, etc.
17. Copy of Navy Retire/Retainer Pay Data, NAVCOMPT 2272.
18. Latest photograph.
19. Officers Report of Home of Record and Place from which ordered to tour of Active Duty, NAVPERS 1070/74.
20. Copy of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD Form 214 or 214N.
21. Official correspondence relative to assignment, cancellation, or termination in the Naval Reserve Program.
22. Driver Improvement/Training Correspondence, satisfactory completion of.
23. Documents and correspondence pertaining to course and school completed, medals, awards, etc., including Administrative Remarks, NAVPERS 1070/613.
24. Letters of temporary designation that apply while at present command, i.e., Command Security Manager, Top Secret Control Officer, etc.
The Enlisted Service Record, NAVPERS 1070/600, is the official history of an enlisted members service in the Navy. It consists of a folder, with pages 1 through 15 filed on the right side. The folder bears the name, SSN, and branch of service of the member. Do no place adverse matter in the enlisted service record or forward it to NMPC for inclusion in an enlisted members official personnel record without first affording the member an opportunity to submit a written statement in rebuttal. If the member does not wish to make a rebuttal, he or she will state so in writing.